Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm starting to hate the restaurant I work in. It's family-owned by Albanians running an Italian restaurant claiming to be Italian. They yell at those of us who are not apart of their family and have extreme favoritism to them as well.

Today I was yelled at for talking to another server (I'm a server as well) who is the cousin of the main family. He was sitting in a booth with some other family members, and I was told that I belonged in the kitchen, and he was allowed to do what he wanted because he was family.

I don't even know what to do with that knowledge. I sucked it up and told him he could run his restaurant however he wanted... And if I didn't need the money for bills so bad I would have walked out and never looked back either. It seems like they don't like other people in their restaurant. They're proud and they don't like advice or comments. I have spent over eight years in restaurants- all kinds too. From family-owned to corporate as well as five stars too. I also have a bachelors degree, having graduated from college studying in my Capstone how to improve reputations of the companies and develop concrete representations of what they stand for - among many other things.

I say this because I feel that I have a lot to offer. I can think of a million things to help improve what they've already got, but they wave me on as though I'm a five year old child who doesn't have a clue in the world. I'm frustrated because they don't yell at their own employees for the same things they yell at us for, and if they can, they'll give us their work to free them as much as they can.

We are expendable. We don't matter to them. To them their family will always be there and I suppose that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment